Moving a kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

_Hector_

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I have questions on how to comply with the Ontario Construction Code for moving a kitchen sink. The current configuration is like this one:

Vent Maximum Distance.jpg

The new location of the sink is further apart from the vent pipe. My questions are:
  1. Does this configuration have a name?
  2. Is the distance "A" defined in the Code?
  3. What is the maximum distance from the sink drain to the vent pipe? The Code specifies in 7.5.6.3 (3) that:
    " the distance between the connections of the fixture drain to the fixture and the vent pipe shall not exceed,
    (a) 1 000 mm in the vertical plane, and
    (b) 3 m in the horizontal plane." Is 3 m the answer to this question?

Thank you!

Ryan Miehm

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I have questions on how to comply with the Ontario Construction Code for moving a kitchen sink. The current configuration is like this one:

The new location of the sink is further apart from the vent pipe. My questions are:
  1. Does this configuration have a name?
  2. Is the distance "A" defined in the Code?
  3. What is the maximum distance from the sink drain to the vent pipe? The Code specifies in 7.5.6.3 (3) that:
    " the distance between the connections of the fixture drain to the fixture and the vent pipe shall not exceed,
    (a) 1 000 mm in the vertical plane, and
    (b) 3 m in the horizontal plane." Is 3 m the answer to this question?

Thank you!
1.8 metres is the number you’re looking for, this is the max distance allowed from the trap to the vent connection.