More Shower Head Angle

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by ivode, Oct 6, 2009.

1. ivode

ivode New Member

I've been scratching my head over this one. I installed a new shower recently but it does not have the same adjustment angle as my old one. So now the shower spray out of my shower door sometimes. I thought it would be simple to find a small adapter which would fit between the neck and head and give me a few more degrees of angle (maybe a ball joint connection of some sort). But I cannot find anything that does this?

Any ideas? I already have an angles neck.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Either replace the shower arm with one that has a different angle/reach or get a different shower head.
  3. ivode

ivode New Member

Because of the way the shower is constructed I am stuck with the neck I have. I have a second shower head which has a bit more rotation to it but considering I have already paid for the original one and it matches -- I decided to ask here.

Any other ideas? Certainly there is some type of joint like I need.
  4. Runs with bison

Runs with bison Member

The problem with any added joint is that it will add another inch or two of protrusion. That could make the required angle adjustement even greater if I am not mistaken. In a standard shower a shorter shower arm might do the trick but with a fixed neck it is more challenging. Or perhaps your problem is the opposite if what you really need is more extension of the shower head so that it is somewhat lower vs. the shower enclosure. If that is the case then perhaps a simple nipple could do the trick.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

shower

We would have to know more about your shower, such as way you are "stuck with the shower head you have". The "adapter" you are referring to is for a specific shower head situation, and it usually creates so many joints that it is very difficult to keep the shower head in the desired position.
  6. CountryBumkin

CountryBumkin New Member

add a handheld shower head?

This is probably not the answer you're looking for - but it may help. I added a handheld shower head to my family bath not long ago. The main reason was that the built in shower was too low and an adult would have to squat under it to rinse their head. The handheld shower head threads onto the existing shower stem and has about 10 degrees of adjustment. It also raises the head about 8 inches. Perhaps something like this would solve your problem.
  7. tjbaudio

tjbaudio Sound and Light Suppervisor for a School District

8. SteveW

SteveW DIY Senior Member

Please post a picture - I for one don't understand exactly what the problem is, nor why you can't remove the existing "neck."