Moen shower faucet temp issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike-B

Reaction score
Hey all, i just finished a whole new bathroom build. Installed a moen shower faucet that i purchased from home depot. Its a posi-temp unit. Model 82912SRN.

When the water is first turned on, its either all hot water, or all cold water.

If its all hot water coming out, i turn the handle toward the cold side and can hear an audible click from the cartridge. After that, it works just fine.

The shower has only been used a handful of times. This happend each time.

Is this a sign of a faulty instsallation, faulty cartridge, normal M.O.?

Any tips appreciated.

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

6th clinical trail chemotherapy 5/15/24
Solutions
Reaction score
https://www.moen.com/shared/docs/exploded-parts-views/82910pt.pdf

Be sure that the temperature limit parts are installed correctly. But most likely the temp limit cartridge is jammed up. If you sweat the fitting pieces of solder or plastic bits from PEX could have gotten inside of it. Being a new faucet it shouldn’t be hard to remove the cartridge and flushed it out. If you shake a 1222 cartridge you should hear it rattle. That is the temp balancing spool. Ten years ago most of the cartridges would jam in one position after a year or so of use and after getting a replacement it looks like the parts had a new coating on them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks