Moen Kitchen Faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by sidNJ, Feb 7, 2005.

1. sidNJ

sidNJ New Member

My kitchen faucet causes a banging in the pipes when i turn the facuet on full force. If i leave it at half or very low i never get that problem. As soon as i push the handle to full the water cuts off and the pipes start banging. Any ideas on what i need to do to stop it?

Sid
  2. Clayton

Clayton Plumber

Spray ?

does the faucet have a spray? my first guess would be a bad or fouled spray diverter....
  3. sidNJ

sidNJ New Member

Nah there's no spray, there is a dishwasher though. But the problem happens even if we aren't using it.
  4. Clayton

Clayton Plumber

hmm.

Ok, I dont know of anything else in the faucet that would cause that, I dont know much about moen kit. faucet repair.

I have experienced that same thing from a loose flat washer in the chrome shut off under the faucet. if thats not it, hope someone else here can help you out.

good luck