Moen diverter removal...help

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by elgucho, Sep 20, 2006.

1. elgucho

elgucho New Member

I have a three handle diverter that i need to remove. i removed the handle. and then the brass nut that i thought would be the final step, but to no avail... the problem lies with the shaft of the diverter because it is plastic. i have a screw from the handle to thread into it. if that is any help. the base of the diverter is brass and i do not see another nut or anything to grab a bight. any thought????????
  2. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

Call 800-BUY-MOEN for customer service. They're excellent.
  3. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

If you could post a photo that would help.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

diverter

I do not think I have ever seen a Moen three valve diverter faucet.
  5. elgucho

elgucho New Member

it is a three handle setup(hot on the left cold on the right and shower in the middle. not three valve. i just need to remove the diverter and replace it. the pic were to big of a file sorry guys
  6. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

You should be able to convert your picture file to a smaller one using this link.

http://convert.neevia.com/index.aspx

Choose your output file type: JPEG etc., then lower the resolution and quality.
  7. elgucho

elgucho New Member

good news i called the 800 number for moen and they are sending me a FREE Diverter. thanks guys for the help