Moen 3320 Shower + Diverter Valve for Sprayer

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by gMc, Mar 9, 2008.

  1. gMc

    gMc New Member

    Mar 9, 2008
    I'm looking to install a shower with a diverter valve for a handheld sprayer.
    ~Are these sold in kits?
    Any recommendations? Where to buy/best value...
    I'm starting from scratch, so any input is welcome.
    (Found this site via John Bridge's tile forum... )

  2. carlb

    carlb New Member

    Mar 9, 2008
    My bathroom designer spec'd a Moen Moentrol 3320 which in one unit has two knobs that do the temp setting and 3-way transfer (shower,handspray, both). The plumber that installed it seemed to think it was a great unit. Have not gotten to use it yet.

    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. jadnashua

    jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

    Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    Kits often are sold at the big box supply houses may have the parts individually so they can be mixed and matched (from the same brand or series usually) to make up the desired configuration. The trim pieces are often sold separately from the rough-in valves (but not usually at the big box stores - maybe if you special order the stuff). This makes inventory control a little easier and you can get exactly what you want without extra pieces being paid for that you don't need.

    The short answer...yes, you can buy valves to do most anything you can think of. You may or may not find it in an all inclusive kit.
  5. Kaji

    Kaji In the Trades

    Mar 9, 2008
    Electrical Engineer
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    I am wondering the same thing - but have been wondering if it's possible to do the following:

    I've found a few shower/tub faucets which have a diverter built right in with the valve (to toggle between tub filler and shower head). See Danze Parma (D500058T) with valve (D113000BT).

    HOWEVER, is it possible to pipe the tub filler up higher and attach a second shower head?
  6. Redwood

    Redwood Master Plumber

    Dec 15, 2007
    Service Plumber
    The cheap way out is a diverter that goes on the end of the shower arm. Alsons makes them and they sell for about $30
Similar Threads: Moen 3320
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Moen 3320 rough-in confusion Jul 25, 2005
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Hole too big in tile for tub spout. The fix...Moen 3857. May 13, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Moen posi-temp problem Apr 1, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog What is this part and why can't I remove it? (Moen shower 1225) Mar 31, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Moen Posi-Temp Banbury Model One Handle Tub/Shower Faucet - New install, hard to turn Feb 1, 2016

Share This Page