Many water issues

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by red dog, Jul 8, 2011.

1. red dog

red dog New Member

Hi all! First time on this great site! I have well water with a flow rate of 1.64, hardness of 20grains and 1 part iron along with sulphur. I've talked to a few experts locally and I'm not sure if they are trying to sell me extra equipment. What has been suggested is a new well pump for a 35 ft. well (ours is 25 yrs. old but seems to be still running),pressure tank, holding tank,jet pump, chlorinator, 2nd pressure tank, terminox iron filter. water softener (40k on demand) and ro for the kitchen. Does this sound right?
  2. masterpumpman

masterpumpman New Member

You may have years left in your present system but then again it could have a problem in minutes from now. I wouldn't tamper with anything until it breaks.