Mansfield vs. Cadet 3

Users who are viewing this thread

thomasfamily6

Reaction score
We are currently in the process of building a new house. It is a little overwhelming dealing with plumbers and suppliers. We were told that in our plumbing quote that they were going to use Mansfield ADA Elongated Toilet with white trip levers. When I went to the supplier to look at the toilets the lady there said she would not put these toilets in her house that she would use Cadet 3 toilets. Of course as with anything these are more expensive and you also have to pay extra for white trip lever which is $25.00 more than the Mansfield White trip lever. I also wanted the Slow Close Seats and of course this is going to be $28 dollars more for each toilet. We are purchasing 5 toilets. I want the 16 1/2 inch regardless of which brand. I am confused should I stay with the Mansfield or jump up to the Cadet 3?

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You don't give the model number on the Mansfield, but it's it's the Alto, then I would go with the Cadet 3.

And if you wanted something better, then I would look at the TOTO Drake instead.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Here's what's happening. Unless specified by the homeowner, a builder will use what is commonly referred to as " builder grade" toilets. These are cheap so the selling price on the home can be kept down and his profit kept up. Plumbers like Terry replace these on a regular basis. A Cadet 3 would be an improvement, but for very little more, a far better choice would be the Toto Drake. You can not buy Toto toilets from discount centers. They can be ordered by a plumber if you can't locate anyone in your area that sells Toto.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks