Users who are viewing this thread

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
probably ready to quit....

He came back to redo the installation i.e remove the supply line and electrical from under the dishwasher. I was not home at that time. He told my wife that replacing the supply tube would be considered a new install. My wife told him that he needed to talk to me and called me on my cell. After waiting for him to come on to discuss; instead my wife came back on and told me he agreed to replace the supply line. Only thing he refused to let us keep the supply line removed although we paid for it and also paid for the new one he installed.
Debating whether to take that up with lowes but leaning towards letting it go.

this fellow has probably had all he can take from Lowes...
he might have made 60 bucks to install that unit,

just like with me back in 01, I realized it was simply not worth it..
you can bend over backwards for both Lowes and the customer
and they still are not happy....
and never ever will be

I found that their is a big difference in the class of people that call a plumber
and the ones that get Lowes to do the work.... the ones I dealt with through
Lowes were more petty, cheap, little tyrants that felt that they were being screwed
and they saw this oportunity to be difficult....

I remember a few clients through Lowes that I personally
could have strangled the life out of them...
and I never , ever have had that kind of problem with any normal
customers that called me directly...

(this is not a criticism of you personally)....

This guy is probably at the end of his rope,
but he has nothing better going on for him
and you really have no idea what he has to put up
with every day.......

its really best just to let it go.......

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I thought this was a joke... lets face the truth here, master plumbers correct me if Im wrong but...
that peice of copper tube may be worth 35 cents. Copper is a buck a pound or so.... its NOT a pound of tubing. I throw them away because its not worh my time.

Well, years prior before the cost of copper skyrocketed, yes. It wouldn't of been a big deal to the customer.

Now that copper prices are so well known, everyone assumes that the price is still real high.

At one time, I wouldn't even ask the customer if they wanted the old copper, now I do just so if there is any discrepancies, I don't leave an open door to that situation. I'll ask first so I get a yes or no reply.

Sometimes just the way the customer acts will send off a message to whether you definitely need to ask or not.

I certainly wouldn't want to rob a customer of something that belonged to them that they feel has value. This mostly occurs with the older generation before the younger.

Only had one customer that called up asking for some old faucets back, even though he told me to "Get those damn kohler faucets out of my house! They're junk!" This guy was of a rough genre, he made news for divorcing his wife when she got cancer, and he started having an affair. Nice.

Ironic that he sat in a homefest home with 100 grand marble floors and for some reason he wanted me to feel special for walking on them? Don't think so. I did my job and left, he called 2 weeks later wanting his faucets back.

Nevermind him shaking my hand before I left, faucets in hand. I told them they are at my shop and come get them; I'm not making a trip to bring back something you told me to get rid of. I don't feel I was in the wrong on that one.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks