Lower Kw higher pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Luke1996

Reaction score
Hi all,

We had a shower before that was like 7-8Kw and the presure was good and constant and now we have got a 10Kw shower and the presure is low and changes from hot to cold whenever the dishwasher is on or someone turns on the tap. I thought the higher the Kw the better the presure and even it if didn't support out 10Kw shouldn't it be backwards compatible with what we used to have? Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most people here in the USA would not be familiar with what you are talking about. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is if you have a different shower head and it can flow more volume. Those things, like any point of use water heating device, are dependent on the flow rate. Flow more, less heat per volume...flow less, it can get hotter.

Are you sure that the wiring is rated for the load you are using?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the pump in the unit creates higher pressure, more water/time will pass by, and that means less time for it to heat up. When I visited my sister's house in England, they had a similar device, so at least I think I know what you're talking about.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks