Low hot water pressure with Mixet shower/tub faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

jchez

Reaction score
Please help! I have a shower/tub with a Mixet single handle faucet. When I first moved into my home the water pressure was fine in both bathrooms. After about a year, the hot water pressure was greatly reduced (although this did not happen at the same time in both bathrooms). The hot water pressure is fine in all other parts of the house and even in the sinks of the same bathroom. The cold water pressure is strong as can be. I've replaced the stem/cartridge and still have the same issue. Could this be a problem with the valve itself? If so, how difficult is it to change to a different valve? Maybe a Moen.

Thanks in advance!

John

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is this on the shower or tub filler? If it is the shower, it could be some crud in the inlet screen...remove the showerhead and look. While you have it off, try running water through the shower arm to see what kind of flow you have. If this is a well-used shower and your water is hard, the nozzles in the spray head of the shower could be clogged with calcium deposits. depending on the showerhead, you might soak it in vinegar overnight. If it is clogged in this manner, and the showerhead is old, and plastic, you might want to replace it.

If you don't get good flow out of the shower arm, somebody will have some other things to suggest.

jchez

Reaction score
The pressure is low from the shower head and the filler. We actually replaced the shower head not long ago hoping this would correct the problem.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
The Mixet should have check stops one for hot and one for cold.
Check the hot water check stop to see if maybe it is plugged.
Cartidge.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks