Low flow faucet options

Users who are viewing this thread

Matt L

Reaction score
I'm redoing a house and picked up a laundry tub kit at Lowe's. This is a package that includes a wooden cabinet, drop in laundry tub, faucet and fittings. Nice looking setup.

Now the problem. This is a deep, full size laundry tub for soaking or holding all the water from a load of wash. It comes with a nice Peerless faucet and sprayer. The problem is the faucet is low flow and it takes 15-20 minutes to fill the tub. I pulled the aerator and there is no restriction there, it is in the faucet itself. I actually seem to get a higher flow with the sprayer hose. I don't live in an area where flow must be restricted and I need the tub to fill faster. At this point it's quicker to fill the washer and drain it than to turn on the faucet. I've had the same problem with another remodel I've done and i swore I'd never use another Peerless faucet, unfortunately it came with the unit. I hoped it was designed to fill a laundry tub, I guess not.

Any options short of replacing the faucet?

Last edited:

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the supply lines aren't kinked, if the shutoff valves aren't plugged, if the aerator isn't plugged, if the valve stems aren't plugged, if your water pressure is better at other faucets, then you'll just have to replace the Peerless.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

Remove the spray diverter if you want more water. That is the only thing that could be restricting the flow, and you don't really need it as long as you do not mind water flowing from the spout when you use the hose. Peerless faucet is a "rebranded" Delta, so being Peerless is not the problem.

Matt L

Reaction score
Hmmm. The lines are straight, I've checked for any blockage, but if I use a hose connected to the washer connection I get much better flow. I was told by someone that many Peerless faucets had flow restriction integral to the faucet, not the aerator.

As an aside, I have an older (18 year old) Delta faucet on my kitchen sink. I have a large double bowl sink, and I can fill it in a couple of minutes. We remodeled my brothers kitchen and installed a new faucet. His sink is about the same size as mine and it easily takes 2 1/2 times as long to fill his sink, aerator or no. I have to believe there is something in the faucet that is restricting flow.

I don't know, perhaps I should start scavenging for old faucets like people did with the old 3 1/2 gal. flush toilets... ;)

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
If you have a spray hose then you have a diverter. Take your swing spout off and look down inside the opening. The diverter should be there. You should be able to take it out. Put a drinking glass or a pot over the opening over the spout opening and flush the faucet. Look at the illustrations that came in the box.

I have never heard of a low flow laundry faucet............

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks