Looking to replace 4 toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

EdF

Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping I could get a recommendation on some new toilets.

I moved into a new home about six months ago and unfortunately, there are some fairly cheap toilets in the house. When you flush them, the water comes down at high speed from multiple areas and creates a lot of splash back. All the water comes from the side, there is no jet hole at the bottom. The splash back will be on the seat and sometimes on the floor. Needless to say, this is not what I want from a toilet. (I keep the lid closed when I flush but sometimes visitors do not).

Anyway, I'm looking for a standard looking toilet with elongated bowl (2 piece). Probably with a 1.6L tank.

My main objective is to find a toilet that flushes with no splash back and does the job.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated. I've seen some post about the Toto Drake but am confused as to which model to look at. Their website has quite a few Drake models.
http://terrylove.biz/7-toto

If Drake is the suggestion, is there alot of water that comes down the side or is it primarily under water action thus no splash back? Are there any videos of the flush action?

Thanks so much for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake is a very popular model because

Quality control,
Very good flush
No spash back
Ease of assembly.

Drake with 1.6 gallon flush
CST743S, Regular bowl, 14-1/2" high bowl
CST744S, Elongated bowl
CST744SG, Eongated with CEFIONTECT
CST744SL, ADA Elongated with taller bowl, 16-1/2" high

EcoDrake with 1.28 gallon flush
CST743E, Regular bowl, 14-1/2" high bowl
CST744E, Elongated bowl
CST744EG, Eongated with CEFIONTECT
CST744EL, ADA Elongated with taller bowl, 16-1/2" high

Last edited:

EdF

Reaction score
Thanks Terry, so looking at the CST744SG, is it worth the extra few buck for the CEFIONTECT?

Also, is the majority of the flusing power underwater or does it come down the sides?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Wander over to Toto's site and read their stuff on CEFIONTECT. Basically, it is a smoother, anti-microial glaze...stuff has a hard time sticking to it. I find it much eaiser to clean when needed (not as often) - no hard scrubbing...just a quick pass. It is far more common in Europe and the far-east.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most of the flush action is below the surface. The surface kind of drops away.
I think the extra for the CEFIONTECT is worth it, it's a long term investment.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
There are models that have more bowl wash but I've been happy with the Drake...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks