Looking for replacement for 3M Aquapure Iron/Managanese removal system

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Williams

Reaction score
Hello for almost 20 years I Have kept this system going that CUNO Aquapure/3M made.

These always seemed unique since they had the ability to bring up PH and remove some iron and managanese. They originally came with an air charger but it was never installed in my house and the system as always worked very well.

Last year the valve had issues and I rebuilt it. The timer is original I Have replaced the media and also added media since it gets consumed when the PH gets low, mine can be as low as 5.x.

What was special about this is that it could bring up PH, with the addition of their PH PLUS product and you could add it through a hole int he neck without takign anything apart.

This is getting old and I would like to be reayd to upgrade it this year and have had trouble. I wish I ha ddone this two years ago since they finally stopped selling these systems I would have loved a direct replacement.

I found a few Filox filters but they still didn't seem to do anything with PH.

Any ideas if there is something that I could replace with it that could do some iron, managanese and also boost PH in one unit like this? The price is less of the issue and I would rather get one that's a better unit and hopefully all in one.

Thanks

Bannerman

Reaction score
It is usually necessary to know the water's chemistry before deciding on the appropriate course of treatment. Your well's current lab test results will be needed. If your lab test is not current, National Labs WaterCheck is frequently recommended on this forum. http://watercheck.myshopify.com/?aff=5

Most Iron removal methods are typically most effective when pH is 7 or above, which may be the reason your current all-in-one system is able to only remove some iron.

The iron removal media now often recommended is Katalox Light.

The Acid neutralization media you mention appears to be equivalent to Calcite or a Calcite Corosex mix which is typically installed within a similar backwashing tank with a fill port.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks