Lochinvar Noble Combi Boiler Lockout Outlet Temp Diff

Users who are viewing this thread

handyidiot

Reaction score
Hey folks. My Bioler Lochinvar Noble Combi.... started going into lockout and wont hold a reset. Error states Outlet Temp Diff. Maintaince manual says test resistance on sensor... which I am about to do. But its not exactly clear to me.. if i find a bad resistance.. what should do.. replace the wires? replace the sensor? both? and where can i get them.. kind of an urgent matter... as I am located well up into the mountains... without much service support.. and its 6 degrees F today. (have a woodstove to keep the house from freezing..... but still a problem)

Fitter30

Reaction score
Service manual page 81
Parts will have to come from a lochinvar distributor they should be able to tell if they have what you need. Don't know if they will open for you in off hours but there will a cost don't be surprised at it.

Last edited:

handyidiot

Reaction score
Service manual page 81
Parts will have to come from a lochinvar distributor they should be able to tell if they have what you need. Don't know if they will open for you in off hours but there will a cost don't be surprised at it.
thanks. also, the temp outlet sensor is just electrical taped to the outside of the outlet pipe.. seems like a strange way to do it... not sure if that is what is causing my problems. I havent worked on these before.. but seems a strange place to measure water temp.. as it would be delayed based upon the copper heating and cooling..

Attachments

• sensor.png
    sensor.png
    667.2 KB · Views: 38

Fitter30

Reaction score
Sensor on the electrical tape? I've mounted sensor right on the pipe with stainless hose clamp or clamps to get decent contact and them insulate. Little heat conductive paste between pipe drop or two for just a small sensor would be little better.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks