Licensing

Users who are viewing this thread

Teets

CT pump guy
Reaction score
Are you guys in the well business, those who are in the field and not distributors, required to attend school to get your license?

Speedbump

Reaction score
I don't know about all States, but in Florida and Michigan, you must serve a two year apprenticship and show that you have drilled a certain number of wells by submitting the Well Logs in your name.

That is not to say that there aren't a lot of unlicensed operators out there also.

bob...

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
In Texas, two years apprentice, letter from a licensed driller or pump installer, pass a fairly extensive test, four hours of continuing education each year, and $350 per year to renew license. The Attorney General has the authority, and can fine you heavily or pull your license for any wrong doing. We are also heavily regulated by OSHA and the DOT. On top of that you need the equipment, know how, employees, and insurance.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I failed to mention the money part, but isn't that what it's all about?

I gave them back my license almost two years ago. I'm not going to drill any more wells and you don't need a license here to repair pumps and wells. Go figure.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks