Leaky Basements

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I fix leaky basements and need a solution for high water tables under homes built in sand. Was hoping to use a short sand point or two to releave the hydrolic pressure under the floors. I need an automatic on off here too. Any help for me??

Dennis

Speedbump

Reaction score
You could put screens in the ground around the basements. Problem might be the sand not being pourous enough to pass water quickly enough to make a difference.

Putting in multiple points and tying them together makes for a lot of fittings which is bad in any suction line. There will always be suction leaks, no matter how small and they will cause problems.

If it were mine, I would try to sink a bunch of points, tie them together and run them into a catch basin underground at an elevation that the points can run into it with gravity alone. Then pump with a submersible Sump or Sewage Pump to a drainage area.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks