Leaky Basements

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Mad Plumber, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Mad Plumber

Mad Plumber Mad Skills

I fix leaky basements and need a solution for high water tables under homes built in sand. Was hoping to use a short sand point or two to releave the hydrolic pressure under the floors. I need an automatic on off here too. Any help for me??

Dennis
  2. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

You could put screens in the ground around the basements. Problem might be the sand not being pourous enough to pass water quickly enough to make a difference.

Putting in multiple points and tying them together makes for a lot of fittings which is bad in any suction line. There will always be suction leaks, no matter how small and they will cause problems.

If it were mine, I would try to sink a bunch of points, tie them together and run them into a catch basin underground at an elevation that the points can run into it with gravity alone. Then pump with a submersible Sump or Sewage Pump to a drainage area.

bob...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011