Leaking wall mounted spout

Users who are viewing this thread

Greg Naranjo

Reaction score
I have a wall mounted spout in my bathroom and it is leaking. The threads stick out from the wall approximately 1/2" and if you thread the spout tight against the tile, the tip of the spout always faces to the sides, so I have to back off a bit to point the spout down into the sink. my question is, since I can't tighten the spout firmly against the wall, what materials or sealants should I use to prevent the spout from leaking? Should i use a combination of teflon tape and a sealant to prevent it from leaking? thanks in advance

Racer814

Reaction score
Greg Naranjo said:
Should i use a combination of teflon tape and a sealant to prevent it from leaking? thanks in advance
yeah...try that....put another wrap or two of the teflon as compared to before...take your fingers and run around the male end after you've tefloned it to seat the tape and make sure it doesnt back out....put a lil paste on also...

Greg Naranjo

Reaction score
thanks

i used the teflon tape & #5 paste and i put a little bead of caulking between the tile and the base of the spout to help keep it from turning. thanks for the advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks