Leak in PVC soil pipe under slab

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Ardose, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Ardose

Ardose New Member

Of all the rotten luck! My PVC drain system passed the rough-in pressure test. The slab was poured and I installed the above slab rough-in drain system. It failed pressures testing. After spending hours and days testing, I found exactly where the leak is.

It is a small, pin hole size leak in a 3 inch PVC soil pipe joint under the slab. I can get to it with a wire from inside the stack pipe but, it appears that I will have to break through the slab to get to the outside of the joint.

Is there any other way to fix the leak without breaking the slab?
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

keak

Not likely. What caused the pin hole? If it was shattered then there may be other damage you cannot see.