Leak in baseboard?

Users who are viewing this thread

MarkLamberti

Reaction score
I have a boiler with 4 zones (one of is indirect fired hot water heater)

I finished my basement a few years ago. I put in baseboard using pex for supply in a few spots i ran the pex behind the wall and could not get at it with the pex tool so i used sharkbite fittings.

This winter when the basement zone was running i ran into issues with the hot water loop becoming air bound. I assumed that there is a leak in the baseboard loop i put in.

I finally got around to attempting a fix. I isolated the zone, opened up the fast fill valve and put the pressure up to 100psi. It droped shortly to 90 psi. The problem is i looked at all of the sharkbites and other fittings. I cant see any leaks.

Advise? How is this possible? Is there a leak behind the wall?

thanks
mark

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
If it stabilized at 90psi and didn't drop from there it could just be the PEX flexing or changing volume due to temperature drift. If it just keeps dropping you have a leak.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks