Lav draining well but.....

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by export!, Jan 24, 2010.

1. export!

export! DIY Member

Thanks to some great info from this site I've completed a basement bath remodel. I was excited to stress-test all my spiffy new plumbing. The toilet flushes like a mother and shower seems awesome.

The lav surprised me. I was expecting whirlpools and sucking sounds and all that good stuff. The Moen faucet does *barely* gain ground on the drain. There is an overflow so I'm not really concerned - more surprised.

Is this style of strainer the culprit? It was a nice, heavy brass/chromed piece - seemed very nice quality.

Thanks,

Scott

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  2. dcelite

dcelite Plumber

Yeah, a grid strainer can drain a little slower than a standard pop-up plunger.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

That strainer combined with the faucet's stream hitting right on or near it is guaranteed to drain slow.