Laundry sink

Users who are viewing this thread

commoner

Reaction score
Hi,

I am installing a utility sink in the laundry room. I currently have a fairly standard setup (see attached photo). Since the sink is fairly deep, I will have to lower the drain opening so that it is only a few inches above the inlet to the P trap. I plan to place the washer outlet hose on the rim of the sink so that it empties into the sink. My question has to do with whether there will be sufficient pressure for the water to flow through the P trap without backing up (P trap is partially hidden in photo by drywall). Do building codes specify a minimum vertical distance between the P trap inlet and outlet? Also, prior to doing the sink installation, I need to temporarily hang the washer outlet to the drain so that it is just a few inches above the P trap inlet (so we can use the washer). And again, my concern is that it will back-up.

LaundryPluming.jpg

Thanks,
Carlos

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
May I ask - why don't you add (tee in) a second p-trap connection below the washer drain p-trap and then you would have sink and washer separate?
Are you moving the washer to a new location?

Reach4

Reaction score
May I ask - why don't you add (tee in) a second p-trap connection below the washer drain p-trap and then you would have sink and washer separate?
Then he would have to have another vent pipe too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks