Lamosa Sahara Sasa Tank Cracked

Users who are viewing this thread

colin96

Reaction score
Like the title says, question is, are there brands that will fit my still good bowl? I know a lot of the toilets are Modular in the parts design, but does that translate to the tank and bowl fitment. For instance could I walk into HD/Lowes and get an AS tank that may bolt up to my bowl? Any retailers that carry that Brand?

TIA

Colin

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It would all be pot luck to find one that would line up and fit. Pretty much all of the new ones will be 1.6g flushers or better, which may not work properly on your toilet (don't know how much it was designed for). While it may not be an issue, the colors may be different, even if it is just white.

colin96

Reaction score
Actually this toilet was manufactured in 2001, so it's current. I found what I needed at HD this afternoon. They sell it without a Brand name, but it's actually a Lamosa on the little install guide, definitley made in Mex though. Anyway, matched right up, color is perfect, works great. :)

Thanks for the input, got it covered.

Colin

colin96

Reaction score
Hey, what happened to the reply from Gary, you know the completely inaccurate one! :p Kind of makes my reply look dumb now.

Oh Well, Thanks anyways!

janeblonde

Reaction score
Hey Colin,
I have the same problem you had, I have the exact same toilet with a crack in the tank. I'm wondering, did you install the tank yourself or did you pay to have someone install it? If you installed it yourself was it pretty simple, I mean do you think that I could also install it myself?
Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Installing a new tank is fairly simple, but you need a big pair of pliers or a special wrench to remove the flapper/overflow assembly. You need to remove the overflow/flapper valve assembly from the old tank (unless you buy a new one - the tank might come with it, but it might not), and the fill valve. Then unscrew the flush handle and arm/chain. Reassemble the parts into the new tank, and bolt it to the bowl. Normally, there are two bolts, some have three. You probably want to get new washers to assemble the thing to the bowl. If the shape of the new tank is identical, then you may not have to adjust the height of the water in the tank. If it isn't, you need to adjust it so you'll get a good flush.

Depending on the cost of the new tank, and if you have tp pay someone to do this for you, it might be about the same price to just buy a new toilet altogether. Often, parts end up costing more than the factory assembled new.

janeblonde

Reaction score
I was able to find the tank at Home Depot for $30 and knew someone who was able to install it for free so it all worked out. Thanks so much for your advice :)

colin96

Reaction score
Same issue with another unit in the house. Pre-teen daughters are rough on these things. Yet another cracked top tank. Anyway, back to HD for another tank and repair kits. I couldn't make out the model on the tank I bought last time, so I searched this forum, and bam, right to my original thread.

This place rocks:)

Colin

P.S. Swaping these things is easy, if you can handle dis-assembly, then assembly is a cinch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks