Kohler Tea for Two Drain

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by DSanduril, Sep 9, 2009.

1. DSanduril

DSanduril New Member

We're considering a drop-in installation of a Kohler Tea for Two soaker tub. My distributor has given me a couple of horror stories about the "required" Kohler drain, and I've seen more online. Plus, the only drain they have is a brass slip joint, and I'd prefer to go with a glue up to avoid the access panel (it would have to be in a very inconvenient and unattractive place).

Has anyone here installed the Tea for Two with a drain other than Kohler's? I'd probably have to give up on the matching square overflow plate, but I'm willing to do that if I can get a good drain in. I'd probably prefer to go with a simple twist-and-turn or maybe a toe tap, but any recommendations most welcome.

Thanks.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

"Jillions" of slip joint drains have been installed without access openings. Once they are installed properly, there is no reason to get to them, no more than with a glued drain. The tub openings are standard so you can use any drain you wish to with the tub.