Kohler Rite-Temp 304 Shower Valve

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by basementshower, Mar 17, 2007.

1. basementshower

basementshower New Member

Hello,

I am having a weird problem with a Kohler Rite-Temp 304 shower valve. It was roughed in by a plumber and has been fine. I removed the valve to take the plaster ring off and when I reinstalled and it now the valve won't turn the water to the shower off. It runs the same no matter what the handle position. I made sure everything was seated right. I'm confused - I could see where you could install this 180 degrees off, but I flipped it and that didn't help. What did I do?
  2. basementshower

basementshower New Member

I got it. The o-rings for the hot and cold inlets had popped out when I removed the valve. I didn't see them (not working in the best light).

No leaks now!!!

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2011