Kitchen Faucet Located Close to Wall/Backsplash

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by moeronn, Oct 29, 2009.

1. moeronn

moeronn New Member

I wasn't sure if this should go here or in the remodel forum, but since it is an existing condition I'll start here.

I'm looking at a house where the kitchen faucet is installed very close to the backsplash/wall. It is so close that the handles and the base are nearly flush against the wall.

The faucet is similar in style to this one.

[​IMG]

Are there any potential issues with this other than it might be difficult to replace (or turn on and off. ;) )?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

As long as it has lever handles, AND is a ceramic seat faucet with 1/4 turn operation, there should be no problems. IF it is not ceramic, but uses rubber washers, you WILL have a problem when they start to wear and the handles start shutting off closer and closer to the backsplash.
  3. moeronn

moeronn New Member

Thanks for the reply. The faucet does have quarter turn handles, but I'm not sure if the washers are ceramic or rubber and probably wouldn't find out until something starts leaking. The main downside is that options for replacement will be fairly limited because of the tight fit.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

With a quarter turn faucet it makes no difference because the handle will never rotate any further backwards than it does now.