Kinetico water softener problems

Users who are viewing this thread

rjoubert

Reaction score
I have a 4-tank Kinetico water softener (the model number listed on the original invoice is M4040). It has recently stopped regenerating. I have tried to manually regenerate it, but it didn't do anything. Also, I noticed some water around the tanks on the floor. The system was installed about 6 years ago. Any suggestions on what I can check before calling a service technician? Thanks...

Chevy427

Reaction score
So when you try regen it, it just sits there and won't go thru its cycle? If that is the case, the regen pawl is broken or out of alignment. Have you taken the valve apart at all?

rjoubert

Reaction score
Of course, after I submitted my post, what should I hear? The system finally regenerated by itself. I wonder if I could have done something by attempting to regenerate it manually? All I did was turn that phillips screw clockwise a couple of times.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks