Kinetico water softener problems

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by rjoubert, Jul 27, 2013.

1. rjoubert

rjoubert New Member

I have a 4-tank Kinetico water softener (the model number listed on the original invoice is M4040). It has recently stopped regenerating. I have tried to manually regenerate it, but it didn't do anything. Also, I noticed some water around the tanks on the floor. The system was installed about 6 years ago. Any suggestions on what I can check before calling a service technician? Thanks...
  2. chevy427

chevy427 Banned

So when you try regen it, it just sits there and won't go thru its cycle? If that is the case, the regen pawl is broken or out of alignment. Have you taken the valve apart at all?
  3. rjoubert

rjoubert New Member

Of course, after I submitted my post, what should I hear? The system finally regenerated by itself. I wonder if I could have done something by attempting to regenerate it manually? All I did was turn that phillips screw clockwise a couple of times.
  4. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

The screw is spring loaded so you would have to push down in order to activate the regen cycle.
  5. rjoubert

rjoubert New Member

Good to know...thanks for the info.