Kinetico Sulfer guard hydrogen peroxide unit Does it soften water?

Users who are viewing this thread

bhowell

Reaction score
Will a kinetico sulfer guard hydrogen peroxide mach series system soften water? I know it is intented to remove odors, but wanted to understand if it will soften the water as well. If I plan to use it only for water softening do I need to get a brine tank?

I got the unit from a guy that needed it for remove a sulfer taste from his well water>

Thanks

Chevy427

Reaction score
Since there is no salt tank, there is no resin in it to soften water with.

And if you don't have a bacteria, iron or manganese problem, there's no sense in you using this equipment.

This unit has nothing to do with bacteria, iron or manganese. So even if HAD bacteria, iron or manganese, there's no sense you using this equipment. Not sure where that advice comes from but the Kinetico SulfurGuard is for sulfur (as the name might imply), not bacteria, iron or manganese. For bacteria, iron and manganese you would need a completely different equipment. Perhaps he misconstrued the use of H202 but experience in this equipment would make a difference in the advice given.

The SulfurGuard will work for limited sulfur removal and some other odor issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
This unit has nothing to do with bacteria, iron or manganese. So even if HAD bacteria, iron or manganese, there's no sense you using this equipment. Not sure where that advice comes from but the Kinetico SulfurGuard is for sulfur (as the name might imply), not bacteria, iron or manganese. For bacteria, iron and manganese you would need a completely different equipment. Perhaps he misconstrued the use of H202 but experience in this equipment would make a difference in the advice given.

The SulfurGuard will work for limited sulfur removal and some other odor issues.
Then the problem is the unit is nothing more than a glorified (and knowing Kinetico, very expensive) carbon filter for H2S etc. odors using some peroxide.

Chevy427

Reaction score
Because the Kinetico SulfurGuard removes sulfur not bacteria, iron, or manganese.

It's not called a Bacteria-Byebye, or an Iron-Irradicator, or a Manganese-Magnet.

Chevy427

Reaction score
The SulfurGuard is NOT meant for bacteria, iron, or manganese removal

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Will a kinetico sulfer guard hydrogen peroxide mach series system soften water? I know it is intented to remove odors, but wanted to understand if it will soften the water as well. If I plan to use it only for water softening do I need to get a brine tank?

I got the unit from a guy that needed it for remove a sulfer taste from his well water>

Thanks

He was asking if the Kinetico sulpher guard could be converted which of course, it can not. The post reads as though he got the unit from a friend or maybe even a yard sale with hopes of converting it. It's amazing how screwed up a thread can get when folks don't bother to read the posts.

Chevy427

Reaction score
You're right. I think he knows now that it can't be used to remove bacteria, etc.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks