Kinetico softener not working.

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by thrice910, Jun 16, 2010.

1. thrice910

thrice910 New Member

Hello, I have a Kinetico Mach series water softener and I don't think it it is working. I moved into my home about 4 months ago and the salt is at the same level as when I moved in. The unit does regenerate but I think there is a problem with the Brine valve/float.

I opened up the brine tank and removed the brine valve/float and I noticed that the float did not freely open or close the valve.(unless I forced it up the post). I am assuming this should freely open/close based on the actual water level.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  2. nhmaster3015

nhmaster3015 Master Plumber

Take it apart, clean it off and re-assemble. There are probably O rings in there that may need replacing
  3. Skip Wolverton

Skip Wolverton In the Trades

If it is not regenering on it's own, the meter may not be working, the unit may be on bypass, the regen drive gearing is not turning or it's hooked up wrong (least likely). You can turn on your water and watch the meter drive pawl to see if it moves. Placing a phillips screwdriver in the center and turning clockwise will start a cycle. Once started, see if it will finish on it's own.
  4. thrice910

thrice910 New Member

It is regenerating, I took it apart and everything looks OK. I think it is working now.? Time will tell, Thanks!