Jet pump Hot/ No water.

Users who are viewing this thread

mikesvo

Reaction score
I got up this morning only to find a trickle of faucet water then after a minute--none. I went out to the jet pump--in the dark, felt it, and it was hot. I shut it off immediately. It is a one year old pump as is the bladder tank and the pipe connections. The only other time this happened in the past year was when the NEW check valve went bad. What are the first things to check?

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
First remove the plug on the head of pump to see if it lost prime; that is probably the case. Isolate the pump from the house and see if it builds up pressure with the house valve shut down. Let this pump cool down first before doing anything with it. If the pump does not build pressure then there is possibly either a leak in the suction line or possibly a foot valve stuck in the closed positon possibly.....no way to know over the internet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks