Island Vent Install-with little clearance in floor below

Users who are viewing this thread

Lukewalker64

Reaction score
Thanks, here's a reconfigured version. This version has the vent vertical (45) until it goes up into the loop, and the foot comes off the vertical.

I ordered a street wye and a street 60 elbow to reduce the overall height. It's a tight fit, but this looks like it'll exactly get 1/4"/foot drop on both the foot vent and the drain runs, and that's before the extra height savings when actually gluing v. dry fitting.

markedup loop vent drain 3.png

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
it will work , Id have to break down the details of whether the 2 inch wye can be rolled on a 45 rather than true verticle but it probebly is fine if inspection is coming I might look over code a bit more but looks like you nailed it!

Lukewalker64

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the guidance Wayne and Jeff. I got this glued up and in the floor over the weekend. Still need to get the foot vent line in place, but I'll post a pic once that's done.

j-flux

Reaction score
Sorry for potentially hijacking this thread, but working on a similar setup and had a question about the foot vent: Since a foot vent is technically below the flood rim level of the sink fixture, is a horizontal change in the direction of the foot vent prohibited by code (UPC in this case)?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks