Is it Safe or Wise to Raise Pumptrol Cut-In Pressure 10 Pounds?

Users who are viewing this thread

fromjusttheking

Reaction score
In a previous posting it was suggested that instead of changing out a 9013FSG2 Pumptrol pressure switch, to go from 30/50 pounds, you could raise the cut-in pressure of that switch to achieve a higher 40/60 pound setting, and it would be ok to do so. I am assuming that a well pump and bladder can normally handle an extra 10 pounds of pressure (going from 28# to 38#).

A question came to mind. Can the switch can handle this change, with no likely danger of the switch failing as a result of raising the cut-in pressure, as opposed to installing a new 40/60 switch. I wonder if all the Pumptrol switches are essentially the same switch, only differing with the cut-in pressure setting and maybe the differential setting. It seems like it should be ok to do so, but I have no experience with well pumps or pressure switches.

Do others feel that raising the pressure 10# on a Pumptrol switch is an ok thing to do? I just want to be sure that if I were to do so, I wouldn’t be making a mistake that I would regret. I already have a 40/60 switch, but it would be so much easier to just reset the cut-in pressure spring screw.

Please let me know your thoughts. They would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan

Speedbump

Reaction score
Click the link below and read about how to change the settings on a pressure switch. You can easily change the one you have. Be sure to change the air pressure in the tank as well.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks