Is 52 psi enough for good RO flow rate? Our current system sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

axxell

Reaction score
Have an ispring 6 stage, 2 years old, it's been through two sets of filters and membranes, pressure has been mediocre since day 1. Can fill 1 cup in 8-10 seconds depending on how full the tank is. Ice maker in fridge is sporadic due to the lowish pressure.

Pressure at our house is 52 psi so I assume that should be enough? Do I need a different system? How to choose one with good flow rate? Thanks

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
While I don't agree that your house pressure is immaterial, you should have a long enough draw on the tank to fill a glass pretty quickly. You should only notice the flow rate change after the tank is drained.

Look through the instructions and see what they recommend for precharge on your compression tank. For your system to perform as designed you'll need to be within a certain range as determined by the manufacturer of your sysyem/tank.

axxell

Reaction score
While I don't agree that your house pressure is immaterial, you should have a long enough draw on the tank to fill a glass pretty quickly. You should only notice the flow rate change after the tank is drained.

Look through the instructions and see what they recommend for precharge on your compression tank. For your system to perform as designed you'll need to be within a certain range as determined by the manufacturer of your sysyem/tank.
so i upgraded to bigger tank and pressure is good until tank drains a bit. Will a permeate pump help keep tank full?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks