irrigation pressure switch melted

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by kariann, Sep 2, 2012.

1. kariann

kariann New Member

i have a sta-rite shallow well pump for an irrigation system that was installed in may. the pump worked great for a couple months but i happened to look at it today and it's fried. i'm not sure what happened, any help would be appreciated

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      31.1 KB
      Views:
  2. masterpumpman

masterpumpman New Member

Heat! Do you have pincher bugs in your area? Pichcer bugs love pressure switches! They are a pump repairman's best friend. I can't see the wiring but it looks like the points didn't make good contact and overheated. The new style Square "D" pressure switches are junk. They are all plastic and once overheated they melt.
  3. justwater

justwater Well Drilling/Service

looks like a pump that runs on 120v and either has a waterlogged tank, a very small tank, or no tank at all... and the pump has done plenty of cycling.