intermittent heating element outage

Users who are viewing this thread

alisa53

Reaction score
Hi - we recently installed a Marey GA16LP propane unit for an outdoor shower. We have it installed with an inline filter. It was working beautifully for several weeks, using water from a 1550-gallon cistern that was filled with chlorinated municipal water. This week we finally got our well in and routed the water to the outdoor shower. It was working fine until today, when the heating element began to intermittently shut off. All propane connections look good. Logic says it has something to do with the well water, but we assumed the good inline filter would take care of any residue. Anyone have a problem like this, or know of anything else we should be checking?

Mr Cuddles

Reaction score
I would check to see what the system says the water flow is first. Then make sure it meets the manufacturer's specs. Other issues could be gas pressure. I have never worked on a Marey before but most newer models rely on a balanced gas pressure for proper air/ gas mixture, if the gas pressure fluctuates too much the burner could cut out due to a poor flame signal.
Also make sure the intake air filter is not plugged up if there is one...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks