Increasing pressure for pump, replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
We are trying to purchase a house in VT and the inspector we hired reports low water pressure throughout the house. We've never owned or rented a house with a well and I was curious as to how difficult and expensive replacing a below ground well pump is.

I am an American Military Member's spouse. We live in the Middle East: Bahrain

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Forget a home inspector, use an experienced, licensed well and pump contractor. Have a thorough well inspection performed along with a yield/recovery test done so you know exactly how much water the well makes.

That said, it could be that there is a plugged filter, trash in the faucet aerators, the pressure switch might be failing, the pump might be worn, there could be a leaky pipe in the well.....

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Like Craig says, you could have one or more problem that needs to be ironed out. But just because you have your own well doesn’t mean you have to live with low pressure. On the contrary, you can have as much pressure as you want. Just don’t settle for anything less than want you want. It may require something as extensive as a new pump. But it could also be something as simple as adjusting the pressure switch a little.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks