Icera toilets - any updated experience to share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
In the midst of a big renovation project. Had picked out a Toto toilet, but when at the plumbing supply place, the sales guy also pointed out Icera. Appears to be good quality, good specs, the look I want, and the price point is better than Toto. It's been almost a year since any discussion about this brand. Does anyone have recent advice or experiences to share? Thanks for your help.

icera-2620.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Right. Because buying a toilet is about looks instead of performance, apparently.

I haven't seen anything about this brand in the past year. That should tell you something.

You shouldn't let one salesman steer you off the correct track. Or you may enjoy learning to use your plunger correctly.

Key word in your post: "sales guy".

That's how we ended up with an air conditioner I despise in the most-air-conditioned room in the house, instead of one more of the spectacular Panasonic air conditioners (now-no-longer-made) with which we were replacing our units as they wore out. Someone goes to the store with specific details as to the exact air conditioner we have mutually-decided that we want, and a salesman tells her that another brand is "better" and "the same but cheaper" which, of course, it isn't, and that's what we end up with because "The salesman knows more than you do."

Yeah, like how to collect a bigger commission on the brand they are pushing this week.

It's very interesting how other posters in the earlier threads all talked about how the "salesman" had pushed the Icera. I'm guessing the main reason for that is that there is a much-more-substantial markup available to the store if they sell that toilet instead of a Toto. (One guy said $150 differential in wholesale price. That's a lot when we're talking toilets.)

My trusted guy on Long Island says that St. Thomas stuff (related brand) is crap. Pretty, but crap. I have seen some evidence of this myself.

Your original plan was better.

Last edited:

Suzanne Shwaluk

Reaction score
Right. Because buying a toilet is about looks instead of performance, apparently.

I haven't seen anything about this brand in the past year. That should tell you something.

You shouldn't let one salesman steer you off the correct track. Or you may enjoy learning to use your plunger correctly.

Key word in your post: "sales guy".

That's how we ended up with an air conditioner I despise in the most-air-conditioned room in the house, instead of one more of the spectacular Panasonic air conditioners (now-no-longer-made) with which we were replacing our units as they wore out. Someone goes to the store with specific details as to the exact air conditioner we have mutually-decided that we want, and a salesman tells her that another brand is "better" and "the same but cheaper" which, of course, it isn't, and that's what we end up with because "The salesman knows more than you do."

Yeah, like how to collect a bigger commission on the brand they are pushing this week.

It's very interesting how other posters in the earlier threads all talked about how the "salesman" had pushed the Icera. I'm guessing the main reason for that is that there is a much-more-substantial markup available to the store if they sell that toilet instead of a Toto. (One guy said $150 differential in wholesale price. That's a lot when we're talking toilets.)

My trusted guy on Long Island says that St. Thomas stuff (related brand) is crap. Pretty, but crap. I have seen some evidence of this myself.

Your original plan was better.

Suzanne Shwaluk

Reaction score
I am looking at Toto Carlyle ll 1gpf.

I came across Icera when reviewing toilets with MaP >= 800. Quite a large number of this brand have great scores. Icera brand does deserve some respect. One of the sites for Icera alluded to a long history of manufacturing toilets for a big respected brand.

If I did not have a serious need for more clearance between toilet and bathroom door, I would be researching these toilets as well.

BTW Toto model on Premium MaP list.
CST474CUFG, Vespin II, 1.0 GPF
CST454CUFG, Drake II, 1.0 GPF
MS604114CUFG, Ultamax II, 1.0 GPF

FYI I have not made final final decision as looking for Toto MaP rating on 14" rough in. I off to see if there is a thread on that.

cst474_uyeda_1.jpg

https://terrylove.com/wc/unifit.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks