Hydros pump glass keeps runnin an runnin

Users who are viewing this thread

whiterabbit67

Reaction score
Jet pump ( craftsman) keeps runnin an runnin

pressure drops fairly quickly, less than 30 lbs, after only one to two flushes , of toilet and pump runs for maybe 5 yes five minutes till she builds up pressure again....no leaks air , pressure stays fine overnight etc. ... she just takes a loooong time to build up pressure again... i ran the tub for about 5 minutes and water out of faucet got down to well really low pressure , it wouldve taken maybe a half hour to fill tub...this is my first home in the country , please help me before my significan tother finds out i bought a pig in a poke for ahouse.. ouch !!!

oh the pump is a craftsman 1 hp jet pump ..hydro glass? ...40 60 pressure

" bladder " appears fine...ao smith aqua air v60... i dont know .... i had to put a huge down payment down on her and im really tight but at least im in the country ( heaven) now... thanks so much ahead of time

oh and ihear a sound clicking?..very faintly. and if i hold the upper " pipe" running tothe pump i feel it also...pump to pressure tank has to be same size as pump outlet line to house? previous owner instaled system himself..

Last edited:

whiterabbit67

Reaction score
thanks after going over your forum... and finding out that the last owner self installed ... i started from scratch drained the tank etc. moved the tank about , a bit, and boy howdy was she HEAVY... said to self...self this isnt right according to what im reading.... so turned OFF ELECTRICITY drained the tank ( from the nearest faucet should i have drained the tank differently? ) and she had 9 lbs of pressure ... YIKES ! , said I ....

its a 40 60 pump so i filled to 38 lbs of air...

shes better now BUT it seems like she still drains to lower than 40 lbs before the pump kicks in ... today she didnt kick in till well , the pressure was gone... then she kicked in... tonight when i left i turned evrything on and she was better kicked in at 30 and 40 lbs ....

The house sat for at least one yr maybe the points are corroded in the switch maybe they need to be loosened up so to speak... do they make a spray lube for contacts etc.?:eek:.. or maybe cause i drained her all the way down she has to rebbot or somesuch ... ahhh tommorrows another day...at least im only dealing with a pesky pump... INSTEAD of violent mother rapers and father stabber types on every corner... gosh i could even see stars tonight when i left ..

Soon ill even be able to spend a night thier... after the cleaning is done.. boy was this guy a slob... LOL.. thank you and your input please on why the erratic swithching on of the pump PLEASE ... thanks guys your golden... Neal

Last edited:

whiterabbit67

Reaction score
oh where would i findthis intake screen... i have no ummm owners manual...thanks very much for your reply... :)

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Well now it sounds like the tube going to your pressure switch is clogged up. The intake screen is on the foot valve at the bottom of the suction pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks