Hydropro pressure tanks

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by bhe, Oct 9, 2012.

1. bhe

bhe New Member

Is the elbow coming out of the bottom removable? Mine sprung a leak and I tried to fix it with an epoxy sealant which didn't work. I couldn't tell if the elbow was screwed on or not due to the paint.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

If you can see a thread, it is screwed on. If not, then probably not. But the bigger question is WHY it is leaking. ANY connection would seldom just "start leaking" by itself.
  3. bhe

bhe New Member

It's like it just rusted through, although it is not old enough for this to happen. My wife hasn't looked to see if the warranty has run out.