How Much More Pressure Will I Get To My Outside Bibs If I Bypass My Whole House Filte

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by driz, Jun 25, 2013.

1. driz

driz New Member

150' drilled well 1/2HP pump 10GPH. 60/40 switch. I have everything running through the wholehouse filter with the standard wrapped media and have for years. Lately we put in a garden further out than anything before and the pressure could be better. Someone suggested bypassing ahead of the filter for all the outside water would jack up the pressure some. The plumbing for me is no big deal so I can pull it off easily enough, the question is whether it is worth it? What say ye??????
  2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

It all depends on the volume. At low volume there would be no pressure difference.
  3. craigpump

craigpump Member

Take the filter out of the housing or bypass the filter completely and see what happens.
  4. driz

driz New Member

Now that I think about it I have to wonder why I didn't think of that myself???? Thanks. that's an easy way tosort it out.