How do remove these taps to replace a valve

Users who are viewing this thread

ac124

Reaction score
Hi,
First time poster with what I'm sure is a simple problem.
Having trouble working out how these taps come off so I can replace the valve seal.
I have removed the small threaded brass spindle that seems to spread the split plastic collet when its in place. I assumed once this was out I would be able to pull the tap handle off the stem but there seems to be a lot of resistance still and I am worried about applying force or leverage until I know if this all that is required or if there is something else to remove/loosen first.
Dont know the brand of fitting but it is likely Australian and about 15 years old. Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

cheers Greg

IMG_0056.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
handles

Wrap them with tape, then use a large pair of pliers to pull them off. Or try prying them off using a screwdriver against the faucet body.

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
Looks to me like you need to squeeze the plastic tabs together while you gently pull. Forcing it will break the tabs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks