How do I remove the handle?

Users who are viewing this thread

plumb-bob

Reaction score
I have a shower with a single control valve. It is the type that pulls out to turn on the water, then turn left or right for hot and cold. There is a round plate behind it attached to the wall. How do I remove the handle?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Usually, in the center of the knob, there is a cap. Using something thin, you can get under the edge and pop it off. Under there is a screw. Once that is removed, you should be able to get it off.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Aside from popping off the "button" and locating the screw, the other possibility is a little set screw hidden on the underside of the handle. If that's the case, you'll need the correct hex wrench to remove it.

michealr

Reaction score
Same problem

I have the same problem with the same kind of faucet only mine has a rectangular cover behind it and is an American Standard. It doesn't have a cap and I can't find any set screws. I need help too!! TIA....Mike

michealr

Reaction score
Answer?

Bob, see "Old American Standard push pull faucet" thread for a possible solution to your problem. Good Luck:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks