How can you get wire that fell down pump casing

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by STECLS4, Aug 29, 2010.

1. STECLS4

STECLS4 New Member

Some one stole the copper wire out of the pump house ,and the wire is on top of the pump ,i pulled 40 foot of pipe ,then the pipe gets stuck ,dont no how deep the well is just bought the property 4 1/2 case ,2 1/2 pvc pipe
  2. jimtum

jimtum AAW

Look at the control box and that can give you and idea of how deep the pump is, 1/2 up to 120' 3/4 hp to about 220' 1 hp to about 320' and 1 1/2 hp to around 420' You can take a small cable and unwind the wires on one end up to 6 inches and then tape it so it does not keep unwinding. Then take the ends of each smaller cable and make a j on the end of them, run them down the pipe and twist, it should pick up the cable. I have never done it this way before but my friend who does this for the oil field told me it works like a charm.
  3. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

Never heard of 2-1/2 " pipe in a 4.5" hole. Very strange. You can get a well report from the county health dept usually that tells you the wells parameters.

Drop the pump back down and then start fishing- but you have an industrial strength problem on your hands.

The HP vs. depth theory is not particularly helpful to sort out depth with all the combinations of stages combined with HP available.

Too bad they didnt steal the pump too, then you would be better off.