Hooking Cistern back up

Users who are viewing this thread

popeye5123

Reaction score
We recently moved into an older log home in the mountains of Colorado, the home has a well and a 150 gal cistern in the garage but the cistern was/is not hooked up, the previous owners took it out of the loop, it has a float but the end has been cut off, now I am a "city" boy and have never been around wells or cisterns before. so my question is what/where does the cable from the float switch go to?

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
The float switch was probably connected to an electronic valve and a power source. When the tank told the float switch it needed water, the float switch would open the electric valve allowing water from the well supply to top off the cistern. It's quite simple but a little hard for me to draw you a diagram here.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks