Honeywell RTH7000 Thermostat

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by byrdman, Oct 17, 2009.

1. byrdman

byrdman New Member

I have purchased a new programable thermostat and am having concerns with the drop down period. I mean. the amount of temperature it should drop before kicking back on. I,m thinking 2 or 3 degrees. Currently does not drop at all. Kicks back on before the room temp drops. Help please!
  2. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

you can set that to whatever you want.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Many of the electronic thermostats do this. You'd have to read the manual carefully to see if it is adjustable. Make sure that you program it to the type of heating system you have (such as furnace, electric, boiler, etc.). They use this information to determine a minimum off time to help keep things from short-cycling.
  4. byrdman

byrdman New Member

Thanks Stupid
  5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Couple of things: Don't know if this is your exact model, but check the heat cycle rate setting, function 0240, page 20. http://customer.honeywell.com/TechLit/pdf/PackedLit/69-1900EF.pdf

Also, the literature describes this model as having this feature: Precise comfort control keeps temperature within 1°F of the level you set