hole thru foundation for frost free sill cock

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jwray, Mar 22, 2006.

1. jwray

jwray New Member

I am trying to replace a couple of hose outlets with frost free sill cocks. Existing are hose bibb sweated to 1/2" copper. The hole through the poured foundation is about 3/4" in diameter and needs to be 1 1/8" in diameter for the sill cock install.

Any suggestions on how to ream out the hole to the larger size? the concrete is older (1920 vintage house) and about 10" thick.

I may have the option to raise the position of the sill cock about 12" and go through the brick and box joist. I could plug the old hole with some hydraulic cement.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Joel
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

To drill a hole in concrete, you will need to rent a rotary hammer/drill with a bit as large as the hole you need. It should be fairly simple to enlarge the existing hole with one of these.
  3. jwray

jwray New Member

Worked like a charm

Gary,

Thanks for the tip. I was able to borrow the drill and bit from the maintenance shop at work and got the holes reamed out tonight.

I need to get longer sill cocks for 2 of the 3 locations, then fasten them all in place, seal around the flange, hook up the water supply and I'm done.

Thanks,

Joel