hole thru foundation for frost free sill cock

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jwray, Mar 22, 2006.

1. jwray

jwray New Member

I am trying to replace a couple of hose outlets with frost free sill cocks. Existing are hose bibb sweated to 1/2" copper. The hole through the poured foundation is about 3/4" in diameter and needs to be 1 1/8" in diameter for the sill cock install.

Any suggestions on how to ream out the hole to the larger size? the concrete is older (1920 vintage house) and about 10" thick.

I may have the option to raise the position of the sill cock about 12" and go through the brick and box joist. I could plug the old hole with some hydraulic cement.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Joel

2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

To drill a hole in concrete, you will need to rent a rotary hammer/drill with a bit as large as the hole you need. It should be fairly simple to enlarge the existing hole with one of these.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. jwray

jwray New Member

Worked like a charm

Gary,

Thanks for the tip. I was able to borrow the drill and bit from the maintenance shop at work and got the holes reamed out tonight.

I need to get longer sill cocks for 2 of the 3 locations, then fasten them all in place, seal around the flange, hook up the water supply and I'm done.

Thanks,

Joel