Help with under slab plumbing for new house

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just wanted to respond to question Wayne brought up thats come up in my jobs many times . "Can water pipe be in trench with sewer?" Everytime I looked into this answer was its legal if both material of sewer and water are aprooved for use underground within the building. Therefore Ive been doing over 30 years with it being questiond many times and Ive never had problem including running in same trench outside the building (I run sch 40 dwv pipe on sewer all the way to connection)

jeffesonm

Reaction score
Passed the rough inspection today. I ended up leaving the wet vent near bath 2 as-is because having another vent in that tight space would've made things real difficult (shower/tub drain/controls are right there too.) Inspector grumbled a bit and said the drain might gurgle a bit, but did not outright object. Lesson learned is I should not be shy about respectfully pushing back when needed.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Passed the rough inspection today. I ended up leaving the wet vent near bath 2 as-is because having another vent in that tight space would've made things real difficult (shower/tub drain/controls are right there too.) Inspector grumbled a bit and said the drain might gurgle a bit, but did not outright object. Lesson learned is I should not be shy about respectfully pushing back when needed.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

They say "Dont mess with Texans" you take picts of the ground work? Water Too?

jeffesonm

Reaction score
Yes water too... I was waiting for the form survey so just did that as well. Pretty much just as planned, 1” into the house, up by bath 2/kitchen, back down and over to bath 1/laundry area, and then 3/4 hot returning back. Used long sweep pvc elbows to turn up the pex and risers to keep it straight. Bell ends are just proud of slab so after the pour I’ll pull the risers out (they’re not glued.)

Bending 1” pex is not much fun.

Only remembered to take a few pics. Next up is backfilling trenches, compacting and then sorting out electrical conduit runs while slab guys “drop the steel.”
2976F545-47CE-44E8-95C9-0E4FAE219F3C.jpeg
187571FD-19A4-48D6-8008-86F91EDF6DE7.jpeg

010C3EF1-BCA5-48D5-B29E-F793D63C3885.jpeg

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
looks like you have to leave walls up , to avoid being a new house and more more money to the government. never seen the sand bags we would pour footings then bring more fill in. perhaps mono pour. good progression!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks