Help with mono flow system

Discussion in 'Boiler Forum' started by rodney99, Mar 31, 2009.

1. rodney99

rodney99 New Member

I just had my boiler and pump replaced. 1st and 2nd floor seem to be fine giving heat but the basement rads are cold and they used to be really hot.

this is my system

http://highperformancehvac.com/boiler-hot-water-loops.html#monoflow_loop

my heating guy - doesn't seem to be familiar with monoflow systems. I am suspecting that either the pump is in the wrong direction or maybe the velocity is too slow or too fast to get monoflow t valves to operate.

The supply loop running along the ceiling is hot as hell but the pipes running to the rads below the supply loop are cold as hell.

Can you help.
  2. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Purge the air from the radiators.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

mono-flo

Posting the MonoFlo site tells us nothing about YOUR system, it just tells HOW it should be installed. Basement radiators could be self venting, depending on how they are connected. For them to operate properly they must use TWO monoflow tees, feed and return, and the flow through them must be in the proper direction, meaning that the return may appear to be backwards if it is not labeled correctly.and they must be adequately spaced to produce a degree of flow resistance between them.