Help with installing a submersible well pump

Users who are viewing this thread

CanUFixIt

Reaction score
I have been read a lot of Do It Yourself articles on installing a deep well pump. Putting in and taking out a pump is hard because of the weight of the pipe and pump. I was thinking about strapping an empty pipe to the well pump discharge pipe line with a check valve turned up side down and install at the bottom so as to be close to the pump. The check valve would prevent water from entering the empty pipe as it is lower down the well with pump and pump discharge pipe. I was thinking that this would provide buoyancy to the pump and discharge line and result in only having to deal with the weight of the pump itself on the way down the well. Has anyone ever tried this?

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ahhhh no. That sounds like more work and an increased chance of loosing everything into the well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks