Help with DWV layout for new bathroom - please review layout

Users who are viewing this thread

ivan1234

Reaction score
I am converting a half bath to a full bath. The bathroom will contain a shower, toilet, and lavatory sink. The toilet will be in between the shower and lavatory.

I have started running my drain pipes (without gluing) and want to make sure that what I am planning will work properly.

I have attached a few photos. Can you please review?

I would like to use a wye connection on the vertical section of the closet arm to connect the drain for the lavatory. Is this allowed? There will be a vent installed on the vertical section of the closet arm between the toilet flange (not shown) and the wye connection for the lavatory (this is the 2 in pipe running from the tee to the wall). Will this work? The lavatory will have its own vent.

Thanks!

photo 3.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 1.JPG

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
No drain below grade should be smaller than 2" pipe.
Waste from the water closet cannot pass an un-vented fixture connection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks